- Nascent Iodine is a consumable iodine in its atomic form rather than its molecular form. Nascent Iodine is recognized by the body as the same iodine that is produced by the thyroid and is absorbed effortlessly by the body. Traditionally, the importance of iodine to the biological function of the body was focused on iodine's role in the nourishment of the thyroid gland, particularly for the production of T3 and T4 hormones and the regulation of metabolism.
- All the cells in your body contain and make use of iodine. It is concentrated in the glandular system of your body, with your thyroid containing the highest amount compared to any other organ. Significant amounts are also stockpiled in numerous other areas of the body including the salivary glands, cerebrospinal fluid and the brain, gastric mucosa, choroid plexus, and ovaries.
- One drop = 400mcg of iodine. If using for additional energy and general improved health take up to 6 drops daily. Frequent small doses are more effective than larger amounts at less frequent intervals. Always take on an empty stomach. Most will find that it is important to build up gradually in order to experience the least amount of detoxification symptoms.
- Recommended: Add dosage to pure water. Take on an empty stomach 30 minutes before or 1 hour after meals, medications and/or supplements. Taking it after 4 PM could raise your energy levels and keep you awake at night. It is recommended to take before breakfast, before lunch and then again before 4 PM.
- Nascent Iodine in a base of Dememter certified Biodynamic grape alcohol (2% Iodine by weight / 400mcg of nascent iodine per drop)