DHEA, dehydroepiandrosterone, is the most abundant adrenal steroid hormone in the body.
After it is made by the adrenal glands, it travels into cells throughout the body, where it is converted into androgens and estrogens.
These hormones regulate fat and mineral metabolism, endocrine and reproductive function, and energy levels.
The amount of each hormone to which DHEA converts to depends on an individual's biochemistry, age, and sex.
DHEA levels peak around age 25 and then decline steadily. DHEA supplementation supports emotional well-being and immune function.
It has been described as the “Grandmother of all Steroid Hormones,” since all steroid hormones, over 150 of them, are derived from Pregnenolone including DHEA, Progesterone, Estrogens, Testosterone, Cortisol and Adosterone, and is therefore important for healthy hormone balance.
Pregnenolone has been linked with positive support of the immune system, mood and memory. In the body, it is converted to DHEA and/or progesterone. It is likely that the body will convert pregnenolone appropriately, according to its needs.
Studies show that the body makes 60% less of this hormone at age 75 than it does at age 35.
• Supports the immune system, mood, and memory health*
• Helps support hormones in the body*
• Pregnenolone is found in high levels in the brain where it is neuroprotective, has stress support properties, and may support healthy cognitive function and memory
• Made with 99% pure, pharmaceutical-grade DHEA and Pregnenolone
• Hypoallergenic, Micronized, vegetarian capsule
**Testing DHEA-s in Saliva and Pregnenolone in Blood will help determine need and should be followed up to check levels in 6 months